RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reaction 54 Jet Kit
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 10:01 PM
BruceTharpe
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Reaction 54 Jet Kit

Do you guys plan on using the metal cable (nyrod type) control linkages for the elevator?

BTW, does the elevator pushrod "push" for up elevator of "pull"?
No doubt this is probably the most controversial part of the kit/design. The elevator and rudder both use a push/pull cable linkage. It's not the 1/16" cable typically used for throttles on sport models. Instead, the R54 uses 3/32" cable with 4-40 sized hardware at each end. The cables are housed in nylon tubing along their entire length except for approximately 3/4" at each end. The instructions advise the builder to flow solder into the last two inches of cable at each end, so there's little chance of buckling (more like zero chance).

I understand the question about whether it pushes or pulls for up elevator. It pushes. But as explained above, buckling is not really an issue. Trust me, I want the cable to work whether I'm flaring to land or on the downside of an outside loop.

Digital servos may not be a neccessity. I recommended them primarily because that's what was used during testing and it would be foolish on my part, as the manufacturer, to recommend anything less.

Bruce
----------
BTE www.btemodels.com