RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Funtana -electric....When?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 10:24 PM
James VanHook
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Funtana -electric....When?

Ok guys got the first flights in on mine this afternoon.

This thing ROCKS! It flys just like my Funtana 90 and even a little better in knife edge. I kid you not. It looks just like it in the air minus the red covering on the bottom. And boy oh boy can you see that red covering. I was really surprised at how well it hovered. I was expecting it, just like its big brother, once it gets out of shape, no rudder will bring it back. But boy was I wrong. Plenty of authority. I flew mine in the precision wing place no problem. Knife edge had a little coupling of elevator to the gear when you grab a ton of rudder, no big deal though. No wing rocking problems when you get the harriers at just the right spot. Rolls looked really good, very axial in high alpha and fast, just like the big one. Tons of power in with the setup reccommended (see below for setup) I will post more as I get more flights in and some pics tomorrow with it next to its big brother. If you cant tell I love this plane. Just like flying the big one, but flying in a smaller place.Heres my setup.

empty wieght- 18OZ.
AUW 24 oz. ( with thunder power 2100 3S)
Eflite park 400 4200KV
Hitec HS55 on ailerons
Hitec HS 50 on tail
35 degrees aileron delection
As much as I could get on the tail
Supplied Eflite 12x6 prop
Hitec Electron 6 receiver
Castle creations Ph-25
Jr 9303