RCU Forums - View Single Post - AKM SU-27 Flanker-Does Look Good
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AKM SU-27 Flanker-Does Look Good

Triple check before you glue. At times your building on the plans but then at other times your not even though you think you are and you end up installing a piece upside down. Like those photos. Your actually looking at the bottom of the plane. The main plan sheet is actually a photo of the bottom of the plane when most of the time you building "up" Bulkhead F2 F3 F4 are verrrrrry important because they have holes in them for the throttle tube to run through and they can be installed backward with no problem.

Thing is if you build "up " on the fuselage on the sheet, things could be reversed. You have a Tower Catalog? Page 82 at the bottom are "Nylon Torque Bearings" Item #GPMQ-4270. You need a couple of those to hold the two elevator control rods (4-40)

The Vertical fin shows a "bottom fin". That really does not go on until the plane is done. I still do not have mine on becasue it would be in the way. It only helps mask the control rod so that the rod does not look like a stupid rod hanging down. That other piece "VF3" is also darn near last on the list after the fins are mounted and the back end is near done.

Also I used mostly "thin" CA on this to set things up immediately, especially on some of those curves on the front