RCU Forums - View Single Post - What has more power, a Saito 1.80 or a Moki 1.80?
Old 01-10-2005, 04:13 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What has more power, a Saito 1.80 or a Moki 1.80?

The Moki has total authority as far as throttle goes. This CAP232 was 13 lbs 4 ounces with the Saito 180 and 14 lbs with the Moki 180. It was just too heavy for the Saito. Now it pretty much just blasts forward when you go WOT. Vertical is very very good. You pull up and it goes to the clouds in no time. Hovering is way better. It's about half throttle now. I didn't even attempt it with the Saito 180 since I only did one flight with it and was not comfortable with the power it had. For 3D the Moki 1.80 is the ticket for an ARF 13 -14 lbs. The Saito would be good for about 11-12 lbs max for 3D. You do have to always manage your throttle when you have that much power (the Moki). The other nice thing is that the Moki 0% nitro fuel is only $9 whereas the Saito 180 fuel is $15-25 a gallon. The Moki also burns less fuel so I only run a 16 ounce tank on my 14 lb CAP. That's pretty good for an engine this size. The Moki runs K&B 1L plugs that are $2.50. That Saito use a type F plug which around $8-10. The Moki sounds pretty cool too.

It's just the perfect power plant for a plane this size and weight IMO.

ORIGINAL: FlyHard

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

That's no problem. I took my Saito 180 out and installed the Moki 1.80. I sold the Saito 180. Takes a little work but worth it in the end.

What change did you notice in your models flying after the switch to the Moki