RCU Forums - View Single Post - Century Hawk Sport -- REVIEW -- Opening the kit!!
Old 09-02-2002, 11:47 PM
syclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default review & Clutch & comments

Kirk,

What can I say .. another job being done to your high standards of excellance.

Quality:

Swashplate, as you said Kirk the swashplate is like that on your Freya.... or on other quality helis such as the Hirobo Sceados, Shuttle ZXX, JR Ergos, Ventures etc., Kalt Baron 30's etc., but with no slop like in less quality units supplied with some other brands I have owned. This is the same one that has been used on the Hawk III in 8mm form and Hawk IV in 10mm form. There are a good number of these flying locally and some are now very high time.....still showing almost no wear!!! They last longer and are tighter then some metal upgrade ones I purchased for some of my other brands!!! A very good quality swashplate indeed.

Thrust bearings - Don't have to take the head apart, there are no thrust bearings in it. Just like there are no thrust bearings is other quality helis - JR Venture and Ergo 30 and Hirobo Shuttle. Unfortunately these quality kits cost a lot more For head speeds up to 1800 on 550mm blades that weigh up to 115 grams they are really not necessary.

Steve Canbell
FRP (fiberglass reinforced clutch bell) - This is the same clutch bell that has been in use on the Hawk III and IV. Again works a treat. These helis have never had any clutch "issues". and there is a good number of high time units in these parts (including one of mine - over 7 cases of fuel through it!!). The clutch itself is a dual bearing supported steel unit. You can get a good idea of its' configuration by checking out the Hawk IV owners manual on the Century site www.centuryheli.com. No alignment or run-out issues to contend with.

By far my favorite system.