RCU Forums - View Single Post - Century Hawk Sport -- REVIEW -- Opening the kit!!
Old 09-16-2002, 02:07 AM
syclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawk III & Hawk Sport

Venture32OS

The Hawk III was a great little ship also, but there are a few more differences between the Hawk IV/Hawk Sport and the Hawk III then just the 10mm mainshaft. Converting to a 10mm mainshaft would mean the mainrotor hub, washout hub and swashplate would all have to have 10mm holes in their center instead of 8mm ones so in effect they would have different part numbers also.

Of note is that because the 10mm mainshaft system is from the Falcon, it is longer. This allows for an increse of about 5 degrees in the total possible pitch range compared to the 8mm Hawk III....from 18 to 23.

But the current Hawk IV & Hawk Sport actually has two more bearings then the Hawk III in the control system. They have dual boom supports instead of the single boom support. They have an improved tail rotor bellcrank/slider coupling. They come with a larger volume muffler. They come with the new much better looking canopy and fin set. They have the hex start system instead of the cone start system of the Hawk III. I think there are a few more minor differences that just escape me at the moment.

These are some fairly significant changes. So as I agree that the Hawk III was a great little heli for its day, the Hawk Sport, with all these improvements, plus the great lower price, is destined to become a one that will become very popular in the near future.