RCU Forums - View Single Post - UPGRADES FOR 50V2
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 09:25 PM
fredycompean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPGRADES FOR 50V2

What is the most upgrades you can give your Raptor 50V2?
What is each one for and which are worht it?

I've flown planes for a long time and recently tried this marvelous part of the hobby. (I'm really excited, can you tell )

I have a new Raptor that jumped from hovering to doing loops on around it's 7th flight. Originaly I didn't really want anything too sofisticated because I thought I'd be a long while on the hovering and transitions learning curve, but turns out the simulator is pretty realistic and I jumped into it as if I was on the sim.

I already solved an issue with the Gyro Glitches http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_25...tm.htm#2536926, but still remain with many questions.

I had thrown in old servos (JR L4001) in ailerons and elevator and (JR NES-517) on pitch and Throttle. Airplane servo Jr 8411 for rudder on a GY 240 gyro.
But now that I want to get a little more into trying inverted flight and maybe some other manuevers, I want to know where I should focus my atention to and the capacities of this Rap 50V2.

Should I install higher torque servos? Where are they more required and which are a good choice?
Which upgrades or improvements to make on this Rap 50V2? Carbon Fiber parts, metal aluminum, etc.....

Can some of you more experienced heli guys help me out?

Thanks in advance.