RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3.3 composite arf yak
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 11:07 AM
gi8u2racing
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3.3 composite arf yak

The reason I picked the Yak is because everything is down the centerline, so little mixing is required. The incidence changing gives you options which I will probably never use once they are set, but it's nice to know I can change things to zero out the trim. The 2 wing positions allow me to sequence with the wing aft, and then for freestyle, I can move the CG without adding dead weight.
The tail moment is looooooooooong, it flies SUPER smooth. The cylidrical fuselage makes it roll very continuous without any noticeable changes in AOA or roll rate. Between this and the long tail moment, it needs little rudder to KE, which means you can snap (without it getting burried), KE, and spin on low rate, which really excites me to be honest.
It presents very well in IMAC and never looks like it is out of the box, which can help sometimes when you have crossbox maneuvers and/or a crosswind. Also, the fact that they come out so heavy make them damn near immune to the wind, which is nice. And finally, when put that Big Momma down on the deck right over the runway, nothing looks cooler...

That's why I chose it,
Jonathan Baker