RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCM Piper Seneca
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Toolman-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RCM Piper Seneca

Walter, thanks for the compliment. The reason it stalled on takeoff is because I fly from a grass field and it is a bit tough on the nosewheel retract. We had just moved to a newer and larger field but the grass was unusaully rough,and I tried too hard to get airborn. I learned alot during the first build and am making some modifications to this one. I will be using hardwood spars as opposed to balsa. I am also utilizing individual servo set ups for each aileron, flap and throttle. I am also making several lightening holes where I can because it was a bit on the heavy side at just under 13 lbs. The four stroke 70's are not too much power, in fact they are just right. I usually overpower most of my aircraft, so I now wish I had gone with 100's. You are right about the the added weight of the formers, you can see in the photos that not only do they add weight but they also take up alot of space in the radio compartment. I plan on removing some of the formers in that area. The original build was covered with Monokote. I think fiberglass will add too much weight to an already heavy plane, so I plan on covering this one with Ulatrcote.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13340.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	215041