RCU Forums - View Single Post - Realistic Expectations to build a big P47...
Old 01-18-2005, 01:32 AM
Katchmarek
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Realistic Expectations to build a big P47...

Sean, That runway looks super! Don't worry about room, it's there! Ya know, when it comes to cutting parts, it can add a bit more satisfaction to the final project, but to me it's not worth the time. The laser cut short kits aren't expensive at all, and they're pretty much fool proof. No matter how good I thought I got with my scroll and band saws, there were always parts that had to be redone once or twice, or could have been done better. Those mistakes or learning steps add to the final cost as well.

As for your Tx, that's all you really need....ailerons, rudder, elevators, throttle, flaps, retracts. As for the retracts, I think the only ones available for the Jug are CJM (Century Jet Models) I know that you will hear lot's of folks trash them, but I've had them in so many airplanes that I lost count, and I've never had a problem with them that wasn't my own fault. I think they are good gear and recommend them without hesitation.

It certainly wouldn't hurt getting a set of plans now just to familiarize yourself with them. Even if you change your mind, you can always sell them here and get most of your $$ back. Go for it!

Rob