RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 01-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Heritage rider
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: r180reef

Why don't you guy's start a new thread for scales. The last two pages of this thread are OFF TOPIC.
I thought the idea of this forum was to bring together people with similar interests to share information that applys to our hobby and to this plane in particular in this thread. As there were many posts about the weight of this plane (and others) a brief discussion about scales seems right on topic to me. If it does not interest you, use your scroll ahead key.

I about in the same boat with you Jim... I got back into this hobby last year after a 15 year layoff... My, how things have changed...
Not too sure how much difference there is between a 15 or 35 year lay-off. I know one thing, either is way too long to keep the connnection with your thumbs in working order. I will say that I knew guys who used to use reed systems who were still young guys at the time. In any case, nothing even close to things like this Yak. I can hardly imagine what this plane must be like to fly. It is less than twice as heavy as my UCD with WAY more power (Saito 100). Sure is strange to be so excited about something you know you will not have in the near future.

I hope there will be some who compete in IMAC or other so we will get some idea about how it does against the competition. Please post results when they happen.

Jim