RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fuel station for jet
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 04:42 AM
hornet driver
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel station for jet

>>>>>See here in lies the problem with the above quote....Jersey Modeler cans also mount their pumps on top of their battery boxes. So what is the difference in them doing it and someone else doing it?>>>

mmmmmmmm so i guess your saying if someone else is doing it than its ok.........i personally would like to think im smarter than that....in fact i question ( thats not the word imlooking for ) ....i run what ever i see or hear through my logic center ( aka brain ) as per mr spock and either approve or disapprove

as for the jersey can ....it is incorrect jim...i just reversed the grey mounting unit 180 degrees and put the pump on the bottom as it should be......when someone has an accident there will be nobody in jersey paying the doctor bills i can assure you

personally i dont think many people in the hobby respect gas enough.....has anyone heard of the ford recall where one guy drove his car into his garage and 9 hours later it caught fire and blew up...along with his house

how did this happen????it is the cruise control system....the only way this can happen is to have a plastic plug decay from an improper mixture in the rubber.....the plastic cracks and the wires inside short and spark...the fuel is right there as it is the cruise control...the spark hits the fuel and boom...instant fire...and it can happen anytime

so think saftety will ya

as far as 12 volts......there are some planes with multiple tanks....as you fill one tank and then on to the next through the j tube....if the j tube is not big enough to carry the fuel to the next tank the pressure will build up in the first tank and boom..it splits....or worse it cracks it or weakens it....and someday soon you hear pewwwwwwwwwwwwww you turbine flame....and if you not lucky enough to get her home and she went in you blame this or that..when the fact is you cracked the tank last week...last month...but didnt know....so when you were flying now...you just gave her full throttal and you crack became the vent and once that tank is empty you outa fuel as the system cant suck fuel from the other tanks ....thanks to your crack

so if you dont believe me..go ahead..use the 12 volts...and when you put her in....just say .." darn i knew that...and did nothing"

btw....12 volt guys....let me ask you a logical question......everyone has seen there uat swell when filling...why is that??...... there is pressure there.....so...tell me...at what voltage do you have to put on your fuel pump to rupture your uat 18 volts...24 volts...thus there is a number there.....

will the 12 volt guys do a little test to learn something....buy a gary mueler tank for a 100 bucks ..plumb a single stopper to it with your 12 volts and see if she can take it......lets see if you just blew 100 bucks

are we thinking yet

well if she takes it depends on your fuel pump.....and thats the unknown here...one guy says i have been doing it for years but did stop to think what kind of fuel pump or what shape its in....do the 12 volters know how to test an amt fuel pump....so when you pinch off the "fuel out" side of the pump and the voltage drops to 1 volt ( using a 9.6 battery)...whats that tell ya

are we thinking yet???

forget the 12 volts.....it works great for single tanks planes...and will cause you problems with multi tanked planes

one more thing....has anyone ever left their vent plug in when filling????if you got away with it ( and it was trying to fill the tank for a while...your lucky...chalk one up for you...but it wasnt luck....you have sloshy gears in the fuel pump which weakens the pressure ...and it will die sometime in the future...when you get a new fuel pump and you forget to remove the vent plug....with 12 volts...CRACK....not so lucky ....why is that????more pressure due to well seated gears thanks to your new fuel pump

hornetdriver