RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong Ultra-Stick? Vulture got your nose?
Old 02-11-2005, 07:12 PM
fasterthanlife
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong Ultra-Stick? Vulture got your nose?

Well to say the least today was a bitter sweet day. I just finished my new Ultra-Stick 60 with a O.S. .61 FX . I did the maiden voyage on High rates the whole time. Then I did some touch n go's and brought her in. My dad did his first Take-Off and flew around with out help for 5 mminutes. that was a big day. but only the Tip -of-the- Iceberg for us. The day goes on. I fly my slowstick and Tori flies his 35% J'Tech Panzel. just a little bit of background here. Where we fly its basically a landfill that got filled in and theres other various mounds of junk around the feild so of course it attracts a lot of birds exspeicaly vultures (You can see where this is going). Anyways I'm about to take-off with the US 60 again and one of the other guys sais jokingly I bet you $100.00 you can't hit one of those vultures. So I take off fly around and then I decide to head for the birds I made one pass and had a close call with one then I realised that I had my brand new plane doing this so I do a half loop and start to get out of the birds when sure enough at about 3/4 Throttle I nail a vulture head on (Now keep in mind these people have trying to do this for a few yeas with magics and combat planes). Now you'd think it would just roll off but no it stuck on the front and at first I was like Holy **** some dude just nailed a vulture then I realized that was me so I dive to give it some speed since the balance kinda got thrown off with a vulture on the front not too mention the drag it created. ad down she come and right before it hit i pulled up and leveled off but a wingtip dipped and it caught and just blew up. Some of the garbage workers saw it and came to the rescue and were laughing theiur *** off. I had to admit it was pretty fun but I was still devasted b/c I fell in love with the plane and it was brand new. The tank flew away from the scene about 30 feet and the buzzard passed away via a severed head. well back to square one.

I'm sorry If I offended some I did not Actually go through the birds I buzzed them about 30 feet away. and I hit a Stray Vulture. Like I said I did not mean it and I follow all AMA rules.

Pictures to follow----