RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL NITRO DRIFTING THREAD
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 06:43 PM
WhiskyVR-4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL NITRO DRIFTING THREAD

ORIGINAL: dsmfreaks

hey guys,,, first off great forum!... second i see alot of HPI.. i have a NTC3 and was wondering if anyone had any drift set up tips for a tc3?

Right now I'm back to the ABS for my nitro drift as well, since I'm not interested in buying small expensive tires every week. For NTC3 I would just suggest tightening the rear diff a little tighter than stock. Most of your setup prefs will come from diff locking rather than camber or toe (unless you use rubber or yokomo tires, in which case camber is a big issue). And don't forget to tune your high speed needle for a safe temp while drifting. Just be easy on the gas and keep it rich and you'll be ok.

I don't know if I have gone over this before, but I tune all of my cars the same way, and it works equally well for drift-tune. Tune the high-end for temperature. Start rich and lean it out until you are hitting your max temp after long continuous use. Then tune the low-speed needle for acceleration and throttle response. Finally tune your idle. My low speed needle is pretty lean right now because my high speed is so rich to keep the temps down. My drift car idles fine for about 5 seconds or so, and then it starts to load-up and if I transition to on-throttle too quickly it floods and dies. This seems to be the nature of the beast if I want to keep the temps under 290 for drifting, and thats fine with me.

Just avoid donuts and other extended high throttle, low speed maneuvers.