RCU Forums - View Single Post - All you Gee Bee people reply!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: All you Gee Bee people reply!

Hi Flynut,
Gotta love those GeeBees. Just looking at one puts a smile on your face. I've built a 56" span R2 from Henry Hafke plans and also the 60" span one from Adrian Page. The Hafke one was very scale and ended up being way too heavy. It did fly (but not below half throttle on a SuperTiger 90).
The Page GeeBee was significantly lighter and flew great. I did move the gear forward a little to help with the landing flip over issues. The horiz tail was not quite stiff enough and I probably didn't use optimal pushrod linkage setup as I lost the plane when it developed elev. flutter when I was racing a Voodoo Mustang.
I picked up a good deal on a KMP 1.20 size GB R2 arf and will put that together to fly while I build a 28% GB R2 from NorthWest HobbyTech. I think that NWHT has been sold to someone else so I'm not sure if they are still available. 85" span and hopefully under 20 lbs with a BME 50 for power.
Composite Arf also has a BIG GeeBee R2, and someone has a kit for a 50% size one if you really want to go BIG.
So if you want to build a kit, I would vote for the Page 1/4 scale GB as I think it is one of the lightest designs out there.
Or get one of the arfs and just have fun.