RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cermark Batteries
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 11:51 AM
JAYNC
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cermark Batteries

OK heres the deal, I installed a brand new 730 mah 5 cell battery in my plane. Everything on this plane was brand new. I did an initial ground run to break in the motor a little bit. The middle of the second tank the battery went dead. I charged the battery up and it seemed fine. I then put a load test on it with a hangar 9 load tester and it held ok with a 1 amp load. I charged battery back up and went to the field the next day. This is a lanier predator race plane. I chose this battery because its small, light and has a decent capacity. The first 2 flights were great, (five minute flights) A minute into the 3rd flight the whole plane locked out while it was at full throttle. It did a couple big loops and hit the ground. From the picture you can see what was left. I did load check this battery before each flight and it was fine, holding above 6volts. When we got to the plane, about 3-4 minutes later we shut the switch off and brought the pieces back to the field. We then put a load test on this battery and it dropped to 1.3 volts with a .5 amp load within 15 seconds. So now that everyone knows whats going on what do you think. And yes I range checked the reciever before flying and after the crash and it works great, all servos worked and everything. Who knows