RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Super Sportster EP with Modified Power System
Old 03-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Wizard61
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Super Sportster EP with Modified Power System

Hello Hos:

With the stock packs I can take-off from a paved surface, fly average areobatics as you describe, (just not the whole time) and at this point I am getting over 8 min. flight times. Most of the aerobatics I am doing are in the first 4 min. of the flight because that is when the power is its highest. The second half of the flight still has good enough power to fly around with authority. You can do stall turns and if you dive to gain some speed you can do some hammerheads. The plane really is nice but it's not 3D. I have a Funtana ordered for that.

I think the other respondent will be right about battery capacity over the long run. I look at this from the stand point of a nitro or gas plane. After a while I'm going to have to buy annother can of gas...(more batteries). As for right now, with the times I'm getting and the replacement cost of the batteries being only $21, I'm ok with losing some flight time over time as I use these batteries capacity up. I guess it boils down to how you look at it and how long "hot charging" works for me.

I'll keep you posted on number of flights and how the batteries hold up. If you are game I would recommend giving it a try with one pack to see if you can duplicate what I'm seeing.

Regards,

James Andrews