RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 03-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

My Yak has the Chip Hyde Quiet Pipe... It balanced with a 4400 mah lion just in front of the wingtube.

Based on what you have you can leave your battery out til last and balance with it... probably near the wingtube somewhere... the guys needing up front have the tuned pipe and/or CF spinner. You shoul dbe good to go...

Now THIS project ont he other hand will probably take some hoop-jumping to balance... here's some purple power...

I used 1" blocks (temp ones shown) to space the prop adapter out to 7"... Looks like .25" offset centerline gets it right with the approx 1.5-2 degree right thrust in the firewall...

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

David (Maudib) I was wondering how your ballance come out. I know you mounted your throttle servo back further to avoid any radio problems. Now I'm wondering what batteries you used and where you mounted them. I see some of the guys have the reciever battery right up front. Also what pipe are you using. I'm using the DA50, stock muffler, 4400 Lipo, 2000 lipo, 16oz tank in the origional location. I don't have the engine yet and want to start mounting what I can, so I'm wondering where to put everything. I can't remember if your using a pipe, but if you are i guess that would throw everything off by comparison to my setup
John

P.S. I just wanna run this past some of you. I have made an observation over my years of building. I've come to the conclusion that if your lonely and want the telephone to ring, your wife to want something, or somebody to come to the door, all you have to do is mix up some two part epoxy.