RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Cockpit Build
Old 03-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Kregg
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Cockpit Build

This is the beginning of a rather long thread showing the build of a custom cockpit kit made for the Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54. The complete photo kit only weights a couple of ounces. I built this kit out of 30+ digital photos, that were retouched, distorted, illustrated into cockpit photos that look like you are seeing inside the Yak 54. The photos I used are all from real aircraft very similar to the Yak 54. Most of my images came from photos of a Pitts M12. Given that, this cockpit is scale quality, but not exact scale to a actual Yak 54. To wet your appetite, here are the photos of the finished kit installed in the Yak canopy. As you can see the canopy still needs to be painted for the panels lines and edges. I have created a rear cockpit with a pilot in the seat. The torso of this pilot gets covered up by a regular pilot bust and looks great. I also have a version of the rear pit witout a pilot at all. This version is just darkened with shadows so it does not look like a floating shark biten pilot bust that is floating when installed.

Send me a direct e-mail ([email protected])if you are interested in one of these.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48197.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	246029   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20066.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	246030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46268.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	27.2 KB