RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do you use pressure on your fuel system?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2001, 11:27 PM
Tex Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you use pressure on your fuel system?

Sorry Gunshipper if you thought my reply was with fear and / or anger. It was not meant to be that way. I was only trying to say that if you have not tried this......... then how can you say it does not work. I am proud that the experts run pressure. If it works best for them...... then thats great. I am only telling the few that think they would like to know........ you don't have to run pressure on your 4-strokes. We have checked performance with a tach..... using same engine and fuel and prop. No better with the pressure line. I like the clean look of the plane without the pressure line running to the muffler. It is very simple to run pressure......... but if it is not needed....... I don't think I will use it.

My *seasoned* friend let me in on this well kept secret. You can use it........ or you can rebute it ......... I like all the responses....... its just that when someone tells me that my engines will not run that way......... I guess I just forgot to tell them ..... cause they are still running happily. Thanks for your reply, and have a Merry Christmas! I really mean it........ no ugly replies coming from this direction. I'm really not mad.... or in fear......
edited to add. You will have to change your high speed needle setting. You will realize a much greater range of adjustment..... less finicky with your engine not changing with just one click of the needle. Try it!