RCU Forums - View Single Post - Savage break-in, PLEASE HELP
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2005, 03:08 AM
cleffdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage break-in, PLEASE HELP

from what it sounds like to me, and i'm sure i'll hear different opinions on this that the engine is running a bit too rich. I know that on break in it's supposed to be rich, but there is a little room for adjustment since every engine is not created equal. I would lean the mixture out a bit at a sixteenth at a time until it will idle, rev up and return to idle. Just make sure that in doing this it's still running rich enough. at idle you should probably see a hint of white smoke from the exhaust. I would use the glow plug method as well so that if the engine does flood again you don't break anything else. I have broke in four savages and never have had any problems but i did have to lean the mixture a bit and I hope this helps your problem. I did notice though that the breakin on the savage 25, which is what i assume you have, is really hard on the glow plug so after you break it in I would check it out otherwise you may think that something is wrong with the engine. Well, good luck!!
P.S. Let me know if this helps because now i can't stop thinking about it...