RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 03-27-2005, 10:09 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

I was wondering about the fuel filter issue as well!
My firewall seems awfully soft also. I read where someone suggested a couple small dowels and that got me to thinking. I am planning to drill four small holes around each bolt hole and epoxy in a short piece of carbon rod. That should be much stronger and more crush resistant than a dowel. I have some .080 carbon that should be just about right.
Does the ignition box need foam padding or anything? It looks like Drew's box on his site has mounting ears on it. Mine is just a plain box.
DrScoles, did you do anything to keep your elevator extensions from falling back inside the fuse when your stabs are off? I can't use the 24" extensions I originally bought, they are just too short. I'll have to get a pair of 36" or just double up extensions and get a couple more 12"ers. I wonder how much power loss is in an additional connector?
Do you use tygon inside the tank? I cut a piece and put the clunk on it but it's too stiff to fall on it's own. Instructions with the gas stopper say to use the black stuff (brain fart, I can't think of the name). The next size down in tygon might be flexible enough but I don't have any handy.
Matt