Thread: supercharger
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 12:19 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: supercharger

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

i agree with some of that except the power valves used on modern dirtbikes and snowmobiles only change the top of the exhaust port. its the very top of the intake ports and the entire exhaust port that are open at the same time, remeber that on a 2 stroke the piston is the valve that allows the intake charge to enter the combustion chamber. the reed valves keep the charge from escaping just like the crank on a crank port engine keeps the charge from escaping on a crank port engine. But once it enters the combustion chamber it is all the same regardless if they have the exhaust power valve. as far as i know there isnt a snowmobile manufacterers that put a supercharger or turbo on a snowmobile...it is all in the aftermarket. do a web search and i am sure will find some. also i would like to add that even on high performance 4 cycle engines (cars and bikes) the intake and exhaust valves are open at the same time, just not as long as on a 2 cycle, it is called valve overlap and it helps scavenge exhaust gasses out but in return you lose some vacuum

I agree with most of what you say but you say you know for fact that super or turbo charger works on snowmobile 2 strokes. Do you have one or are the companies that sell them all hype like on the RC engines. I still do not think either are worth it and there are better ways to increases performance then turbo or supercharge on a 2 cycle. I am all most 51 and I am still learning every day and I like to be proven wrong because that is one way of learning.