RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome MAAC members
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 10:50 AM
2thelmt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome MAAC members

ORIGINAL: donkey doctor

Hello; I think MAAC does a pretty good job, all things considered. Most of teh fellows I fly with are members. Last week I asked what everybody thought of MAAC, most answers were that insurance, nowadays is ridiculously wxpensive, usually not possible to collect on, the guys at our field hat all teh french in the MAAC magazine, and figure it would be cheaper to make two magazines, one in English and one in French, then give each person a choice. That way the magazine would be half it's size, and weight, and still have teh same content. I understand that there are costs involved in running MAAC and that it is a business, but it has gotten quite expensive over the years, and apart from the magazine, doesn't offer much for the money. Could be that us "westerners" don't want to see our money sent east to promote "eastern" strategies.
So two mags would be cheaper than one...hmmmmm OK whatever.
Hate french? Ignor it like I do...
Doesn't offer much for the money...~$55.00 for a years worth of insurancs PLUS a Magazine Hmmmm What planet are you from and what are you smokin Costs me $140.00 to insure my 25 year old snowmobile for the year.

"Eastern strategies"...Form your own "Western" group and keep all your money. I'll bet it never happens.

Some people just love to complain.