RCU Forums - View Single Post - MAAC membership reasonable?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Donovan Dow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MAAC membership reasonable?

can773

To:
Donovan Dow (Online)

Posted:
Tue 29 Mar, 2005 15:22

Subject:
stuff

Quote:
Morning All

I recommend that all FAI competition financing efforts be terminated.

I recommend that Zone Director grants to clubs be terminated.

I recommend that we get back to our hobby ground roots.

Forget the Olympics and FAI. Pay as you go.

Donovan does pay very big bucks to support his hobby and has no grimes about the pitting Maac due.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, about $3 of your now $75 dues goes towards any FAI activities....$1 is for travel funding, the other $2 is for membership in the FAI...its no free ride for those of us who go. The money from MAAC doesnt even cover the entry fees, let alone any travel costs.

FAI accounts for maybe 5-6% of the total expenditures within MAAC, while office expenses are up near 60%.

Why people focus on one of the lowest expenditures within MAAC is beyond me, when we have an office "manager" with no formal education who refuses to take training, takes 4-5 months to forward letters to committees yet earns close to $60K/yr.

Anyways, MAAC was founded by competitors for competitors, your comments are off the mark and offensive...good thing a majority of members and zone directors dont share your views.

2005 Canadian F3A Team