RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 04-08-2005, 07:32 AM
NE0
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

I am not making any changes to my canopy, but following this thread about the loosing the canopy on air, I think that the reason to that its that the canopy as been so light it bends from the middle and if your front dowels are to short it will be easy to bend off! so longer front dowels will help, but you will still have the canopy bending from the middle! resulting on a damage right on the middle when time pases! so this might help you guys! here its a drawing! just giving to you an idea!
I was noticing this "air pressure" issue last night, but thought I was crazy. I really think that's a strong possibility and I really like Coche's idea. I still think this can be worked out... I really don't like that 4 screw mount scenario at all and hope to avoid it. Personally, I don't want to mess with with a fuel filler on this plane and had hoped to just put a fuel dot in the line inside the canopy. That's not gonna happen if I have to fight 4 screws every time I refuel... but with the latch it would be a cinch.

Dave763, let us know how yours works out!!!!!

Tom