RCU Forums - View Single Post - Feeling severe newbie dollar pain - need advise
Old 04-11-2005, 10:29 PM
HillHopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Feeling severe newbie dollar pain - need advise

Nope he was flying the plane alone. I have no reason to lie here. I'm looking for help.This was first flight after I bought them. He was checking them out for me. Like I said planes had new engines but receiver, servos, radios were more than several years old.
I only mentioned the fact of 2 crashes out of the starting block to make a point. I want to do everything possible to make sure 2 or 3 years from now a crash doesn't occur because I didnt do something that could have prevented it when I assembled the ARF.
I don't blame anyone but myself for the crashes. The planes were old. Old servos, old receiver, old radio. I should have changed all that stuff with new - 20/20 hind sight. I learned a valuable lesson. This plane will have a crash I'm sure and I hope it isnt as severe BUT if or when that happens I want it to be because of pilot error rather than something I could have prevented.
Maybe I'm on the wrong track here. I hear about fuel proofing, fuel filters, foam tank mounting, stuff like that none of which is mentioned in the manual. I have to rely on experienced builders like you guys to give me sound advice so if none of that stuff is important then great but if I can do better than what Sig recommends then I want to do it.