bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: CHassan

ORIGINAL: bodyworks

ORIGINAL: matus777

ORIGINAL: bodyworks

Yeah, but it is brand new and hasn't even been in the air yet.

Are you talking powered?.....if you are not happy you can send it back....you have a 3 yr warranty. I have a plane with 8411's and 85 hrs of operating time on it and the servos (26 plus pounds) ...and they still center like new....now that does not mean they can't fail next time out.

Yes, while powered. I can move the trailing edge of my rudder 1/4" in each direction before feeling any real resistance. It's only my rudder, so I will not worry about it unless I have performance or flutter issues. At this time, I am not unhappy with it, just a little shocked to see so much play in a $115 servo. I do not have the case top mod for it, either, but I don't see that fixing it...
I just installed my 8611 on my rudder and I can jiggle my rudder, but I can't move it a 1/4". I did notice when I used a 4.8 battery with a low charge I could deflect the servo with little resistance. If you have 1/4" of play I'd say it's not the servo causing it. None of my 8611 have enough lash to allow 1/4" of movement.

Now when I delfect my rudder full left or right, I can push it back the opposite direction a ways. Looking into this problem I noticed my servo mount, servo arm, and the rubber gromets for the servo all bend flex or squish to allow the rudder to blow back. This is in no part due to the servo, but due to to flimsy of a mount, cheap arms and the inherent nature of the rubber gromets. [&o]
The 1/4" I am getting is from the very trailing edge of the rudder. When I do it and look at the servo arm, I can see it move as well, but only about 1/64". I was also using a freshly charged 4800 lion pack with 6 volts out of the regulator.