RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky honey bee CP
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 06:50 AM
humveecrusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

ORIGINAL: rbiasi

humveecrusher,
They do tend to whine a bit when they run. My wife complains about the noise so I can only fly indoors when she isn't here. Good luck with the 8.4v Ni-Mh. I got one with my HB2, but I could never get off the ground with the damn thing (but I've heard that other people have got it to work). Get a 1200mah li-po or two and you'll be really happy. Plus you'll get about 20+min of flight time. Also, if it won't lift check that the swash didn't separate. Also, when I was using the Esky TX I could never get the HB2 off the ground unless I set the throttle trim to max.

Tuscon01, yeah the honeybee CP is a pretty nice flying heli. You can't beat it for the money. I've seen a few guys replace the AAs with a NiCad, but haven't heard of anyone wiring it to a power panel. But what kind of TX do you have for your Shogun? The Esky RX speaks Futaba. So if you've got a Futaba or Hitec TX you can use that instead. It's the best upgrade that you can make with these puppies. Then you can dial in the throttle and pitch curves, add a little expo, it's a whole new heli!

Thanks again rbiasi. I was just concerned about the whining when the motor and rotor comes to a stop.