RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models 27% Ultimate
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 02:42 AM
djwalker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Models 27% Ultimate

I run 5625s on 6V with my Funtana with no problems whatsoever. The servos are specifically rated to handle 6V and folks do it all the time. I wouldn't expect any problems. Some digital servos are not designed to run on 6V (several Futaba servos come to mind), but the 5625s should be fine.

I use Gorilla Glue for installing Robart hinges. It requires a bit of babysitting to wipe away the excess as the glue expands, but it is solid as a rock. I like the fact that the glue expands to fill any voids in the wood and barbs of the hinge.

Finally, the reason why I'm checking out this thread is that I'll soon be looking to buy a gas-powered Ultimate. The AW 27%er caught my attention (as did the new Wild Hare 29%er). However, I'm very curious about the fact that the Aeroworks Ultimate is the same exact plane as the World Models one. From what I've seen, the World Models plane is cheaper AND includes hardware. Is there any specific reason to go with the Aeroworks plane over the World Models one? They appear to be identical to me.