RCU Forums - View Single Post - OV10 Bronco
Thread: OV10 Bronco
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 09:26 PM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OV10 Bronco

The span is 96". I'm shooting for about 35 pounds all up weight. It will have two Hitec 225BBMG servos on the elevator, one each on the rudders, four servos (don't know what type yet) on the four flap sections, one each on the ailerons, one each on the engines, one for the retracts, one for the lights, and one each for the onboard starters. I built the retracts after investigating all other options and felt that I could do better for a lot less money. They work great and are very scale in appearance. The engines are a conversion of a 24.5 cc Robin weedwhacker engine with Zenoah hubs and mufflers, CH ignitions, and my design onboard starters. They are converted and are being tested on a big Stik. The fiberglass parts and plastic canopy parts come fron Stan's and are well done.

I plan to copy the Viet Nam era Navy Black Pony group that protected the Brown water navy PBRs in the Delta. Still doing a lot of research on the pilots and the airplanes.

I have built and am currently flying the Uravich 80" OV10 and if this one flies as good as the smaller Bronco, I will be happy.

And the shop doesn't always look that clean.

Gaines