RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 05-02-2005, 07:17 AM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: DrScoles

I just posted that I ran out of fuel resulting in a crash... I was wrong, looking at the remains here on the workbench, there is a decent amount of fuel left.... just got unlucky with a flame out... happened as I was climbing out from a touch and go... about 30' up... firewall came off, landing gear ripped whole bottom of plane out... wings and stabs are perfect... already left message with Chris to order a fuse! I didn't have enough room to do a 180 to bring it back, I know I would have stalled it... so I just kept the wings level and landed it in the plowed field adjacent to ours...unfortunately it wasn't the nice soft freshly plowed dirt, rather the hard crusty stuff that likes to eat airplanes....[:@]

Oh well, not the end of the world....

Mike
DRScoles, sorry man, I hope the sting goes away after you get a new Fuse and get rid of the DA.

DA DEADSTICK...kills a plane. I HATE hearing about it. I am not putting my DA in this plane...I will put it in a an expendable plane. How many more planes is this engine going to kill?? Who's next??? Not me.

Dick , a whole lot of us are watching your progress with the ZDZ ....some of us don't want Frankenstein motors under "user based conditional development". Sounds like you are getting good numbers from that engine....hope it is flawless and gives us a nice "industrial reliable " option.

There are others here who will say it will fly like pooh with a ZDZ , but they hold their nose too high to see any benefit from a RELIABLE motor.