RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 05-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Torqued-Up
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Bottom line, this hobby is just like walking up to the craps table in Vegas... Everytime you roll the dice, you've got to be prepared to lose it all... Same with RC airplanes... Every time you walk up to the flight line, you've got to be prepare for someone to ask you "paper or plastic" when you put a smoking hole in the ground...

Doesn't matter if it's dumb-thumbs, bad solder joints, flaky engine performance, reversed servos, inexperience, or one of another 100 other things... Sometimes you get bit, even with the most diligent preparations...

On another note, this almost rabid product allegiance is still rather baffling to me... I use what works for me and I am more than happy to share this intel with other individuals... But, when product allegiance flies in the face of good judgement, I just have to scratch my head and wonder what color the sky is in your world... God forbid someone say something negative about DA or EF in this thread... You're likely to be run out of town on a rail if you so much as mutter that your dissatisfied with a twisted fuselage, mis-aligned stab tube or your brand new $550 DA 50cc engine threw a rod bearing... BTW, anyone notice that J.AVANT hasn't posted here since he was scalded with hot oil???

Lighten up guys... For most of us it's a hobby, not a profession...

Mark