RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wild Hare Extra 260 Pictures
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 10:26 PM
airborneSGT
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wild Hare Extra 260 Pictures

Here are some more pictures. Tony built 99% of it, I did the details like the Canopy, pilot, rudder servos..ect. Anyone building the red one, maybe even the blue one I have a tip for the canopy. Since they dont come pre-painted use some matching electrical or covering trim tape to outline the canopy. I found that just use canopy glue and not doing this made a mess!! I had to pull the canopy, recover the hatch cover around where the glue got dry, and clean off the stuff form the canopy. I might add a matchbox for the rudder servos if I cant get a hold of a programmer. No chatter with the twin rudder servos at nuetral, but when I give it throw either way it starts to make some noise.

Tom whats the rates in inches for high and low rates? I cant find my degree throw meter. I have the elevators set to 1" up and down for elevator and a little more for ailerons and rudder.

Also I had to make my horizontal stabs removeable. I made this easy with the use of dubro safety links. Works perfect and Tony gave me some rudder and stab covers. Rounded off with an Airwild Wing bag (simply amazing wingbag from TBM). Now when the tornado warnings and severe thunder storm warnings go away I will fly it.

Future things I might add are smoke, and maybe a different prop. I made some baffling with cardboard painted the same color as the cowl. See how it flies with the current baffle and I might modify it. You could get away with only one cut out for the spark plugs using a DA 100. I also just use a manual choke on mine.

Going to get some nice graphics made up. Thinking american flags and some nice sharks teeth for the cowl. Of course a POW/MIA and 82nd Airborne Sticker!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66190.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	267095   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13516.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	267096