RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 05-06-2005, 03:22 AM
chipwill
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Well, my Yak is done ( mostly ).

Balanced and needed to add 5oz weight to get it forward enough. I am using the BME 50 and I guess it is alittle lighter than the DA, plus I have a pilot in the rear seat which im sure doesnt help, but for IMAC I wanted him in there. Both batts and regs are on the engine box, as well as ignition. My engine box is heavily modified for the beam mount and to allow strapping everything on. In retrospect, I should have got a True Turn spinner, instead of a Pete's carbon spinner. The carbon looks so pretty though, I cant resist that stuff. Was easy to cut thanks to Maudib's tutorial with the contour gauge method.

Got the radio all programmed for beginning test flights, and all I need to do is a range check and then fly.

Wish me luck!

Chris, this thing is a work of art and surpasses the 68 incher. Now, if I could only build an arf that is spotless id be ok. LOL. Dont ever look at my planes close up, because they suck. The ususally fly good though, and thats what makes me happy.

One last note. BME recommends a 21x8 for break in so I am not expecting killer performance. After a few gallons ill switch to a 22x8 or a mejzlik 22x10. I'm using Bolly props right now. I'll report how well it pulls tomorrow night hopefully.

Chip