RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wild Hare Extra 260 Pictures
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 04:21 PM
airborneSGT
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wild Hare Extra 260 Pictures

I flew it for the first time today. All I have to say is wow! Such a smooth airplane. It did not need any trim at all to track perfectly straight. I was so very pleased at how well it flew. The DA 100 was not putting out its full potential, so I will have to work on that a little. I called DA and they said to richen up the low end but not to touch the hi end. I dont think that the DA 100 is too much engnie, I found it the perfect combination. Then again, I like a lot of power on everything I fly. I think this has become my favorite plane hands down. Tom did such an awesome job on this thing. Should be awesome in IMAC. Does 3D also. The wall was easy for me, knife edge will need just a little mixing, snaps a breeze...but more to come once I get the engine dialed in. Here are a few pictures from today. The winds were at a steady 10-11mph so and it handled them fine. Landing was a breeze! I think my CG is a little forward of the range, but it flew fine and did not fall out inverted so I think I am fine.

In my opinion I dont think 100cc's is a waste of engine for this plane. To each his own, but I like having the power of the 100. Balancing was no issue with servos in the tail. I might shift the ignition battery a little more rearward after some more flying.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73558.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	267875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12039.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	267876