RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 05-06-2005, 09:33 PM
chipwill
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Well Guys, it's been a great day. I am tired as hell since only getting 4.5 hours of sleep, but well worth it. Somehow I managed to get my 29% AW Katana and the 87 incher in my Pontiac Vibe ( along with a 1.5m discus launch sailplane ).

I have a short statement about how today went.

My Katana will probably only be flown if the Yak is broken. NO CONTEST. End of statement. Anyone wan t a crappy looking AW katana for a deal It does fly nice, but the Yak flies Excellent!

I knew it would fly pretty good from experience with the 68. I am running a BME 50 with recommended breakin prop of a 21x8. I was hesitant about this, but the engine pulled with great authority. I cant wait to step to a larger prop. This was my first BME experience and it starts in half the flips of the ZDZ. The ZDZ seems very reliable and the only quirk is it takes a while to start. The BME started pretty quick.

I will write more about it tomorrow. I'm dog tired.

The weather was great, but storm tomorrow maybe...

Chip
ps. the other two pics, I shot of Kurt Koelling flying his Carden 40% Edge, and smoking up the field hovering. Almost couldnt see the plane. I ran for the camera, and then he was out of smoke oil. Still cool though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52914.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	268013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37619.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	268014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm21973.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	56.7 KB