RCU Forums - View Single Post - Got my Midwest Skyhawk
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 03:40 PM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Got my Midwest Skyhawk

Thanks for the steer on the rotor.
Yes, the Skyray I will try and convert to a mico-system. Being a delta wing with only elevon control, it can basically fly on only one servo. But with servo's being only 3 grams now, a rudder and throttle could be added, and leaving one channel open still on a four channel system.
I would have been delighted if the whole unit was set up as a pusher design, as this is what the kit is designed around, but its not. So that only leaves two engines capable of powering it if you wanted to stay with nitro. Both of them Cox engines. A good strong reed type, or a TD with a left-hand crank. Both are still available as units, but the TD it will take some hunting to find the original left-hand crank that was offered by them at one time.
The kit that I have is still untouched in the box, and plan on using it as a template kit, as not all of the parts are outlined on the drawing, unfortunately.
The high school here has a CAD program as well as a CNC laser cutter, and was told I might be able to get the whole thing copied right there, eliminating all the tasks of making my own kit from a kit, and probably all for free except for the balsa.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48400.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	268774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76174.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	268775