RCU Forums - View Single Post - FREE "Foamie" PLANS ...
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 06:52 AM
gpw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FREE "Foamie" PLANS ...

Bolt , SFR.... the 22 wasn't a bad flyer , but not a great one either .... mine had the elevon setup which worked OK as long as it didn't involve rolling .... I think the aileron and elevator version would fly much better ....otherwise it was very stable and fairly fast with my little 15t cd motor on 2 cells ... burned it up on 3 cells (too big a prop)
The 23 was a dissappointing venture , first tried elevons , no dice , then V tail , worse !!!! Then glued russer thingies solid and made an elevator outta' the space petween the rear fins.... and cut out ailerons .... Flew very strangely , a pronounced nose up tendency that was not affected by a more forward cg change... and the roll rate was sick .... one roll produced 3 with the plane recovering inverted and in the opposite direction , I did this a few times just to see if it wasn't me .... The 22 and 23 did make excellent and cool looking chuck gliders (empty ) so if you want , the kiddies will love them ...
Am working on the x-32 now ,and GeneBond is eyeing the x-29 .... more to come , stay tuned ....