RCU Forums - View Single Post - FREE "Foamie" PLANS ...
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 07:37 AM
gpw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FREE "Foamie" PLANS ...

SFR, the 22 is 30" long overall , 22" wingspan , and just under 8 ounces(2/1200lipos).... it flew well for me as long as I was doing fast laps of the field , but as I suggested earlier , the ailerons and elevator would be better ....
14 OZ????? Oink!!!! sometimes it's better to go with less weight and power than more , especially if you like it to fly easily ....Gee! I'm almost half the weight and it was a rocket with the J250 DD and 2 cells .... Best of Luck !!!! The heavier they are , the harder they crash too ... just so you know ...
Bolt the Ba is one of my better flying planes , so far the only thing I'd recommend is building a spare nose , no matter how I try , I always manage to dork it on the nose , after a while it gets a little "rough" looking , and as I did the other day , cut off the old one (forward of the canopy ) and hot glued another on , looks better now ...

I'm mounting my BP 21 in a Lil Tony (TOG's ) on a ply firewall(round) ... remove the mount (gray ) , get to the radial mount,remove from the motor by removing the grub screw on the mount ... , trace on ply , cut out and drill holes and glue to foamie nose in the right place , paying attention to down and right thrust .... I'd put some pics , but this site won't take my Mac generated .jpegs , i don't think ?????Let me know if you need assistance , I'll try to get some pics somewhere...