RCU Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone tried a system from wirelessvideocameras.com?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:15 PM
2thDr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone tried a system from wirelessvideocameras.com?

ORIGINAL: Sricketts

thanksfor the imput so far guys.

mklarich - i haven't got an exact budget as yet, but i do know what the requirements of what i am looking for are: I want a real Time AP system, that can transmit the video signal at least practical operating range of the transmitter that i am using ( so lets say 1.5 - 2 miles). the black widow systems seem to be solid systems, but don't quite meet the type of range requirements that i am looking for (correct me if i am wrong). From my communication with the people at black widow, the 1000mW transmitter will give me about a mile range. I see that they have a 3000mW transmitter, i am wondering if that would give me the type of range required. Would the diversity receiver work with another system apart from the black widow ones (like the ones at wirelessvideocameras.com)?

forus - what is your overall recommendation on the system? i am will ing to spend the extra money if i get a superior product (ie. greater range, clarity, etc.). Additionally, what (if any) are the draw backs to it being 12vdc apart from the weight issues?

Thanks again

I have the 600 mw BlackWidow system with the Diversity receiver and I can EASILY get a mile range out of the video transmission (see my one mile flight). I haven't had the opportunity to test farther than that yet (damn winds of 20 mph around here for several weeks now), but I'm sure I have plenty of video range left (probably 2 or 3 miles at least).