RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky honey bee CP
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 09:59 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

crash your welcome ( for what i dont know???? i have a bad memory)

and rbiasi im very happy with the honey bee 2, so i really dont need the hummingbird with the tail motor,

its just i run a gy240 gyro, and the tail is locked however i look at it this way,

you can think of it like this, you have two versions of the honey bee you have the cp and the fp versions right?

this pertains to the main blades, but think about the tail blades, technically you have fixed pitch tail on the honey bee 2 and a motor,

if i was to get the hummingbird elite 3d pro, its not fixed pitch on the tail,

see my honey bee 2 flys great, but hover it and bang on the pitch and she takes off straight up but she also yaws alot because of the lag of the tail motor having to catch up. where with a main gear driven tail i think i would get alot better response time,

Howver i dont think that 3d pro hummingbird comes with servo's, if it did i would probably get it since i would have everything else to go with it, i would have to buy one more servo and use the esky ones, so i think ill just stick with the honey bee 2 and get me an x400 eccpm or trex XL when they come out.

my heli flew alot better today indoors on the 1200mah dymond battery pack i forgot to set the timer on the transmitter when i started to fly I had to adjust the tracking of the blades ( i switched it back to PE blades i like to fly those when im indoors) anyways after properly tracking the blades the heli flew alot better and i would say the battery lasted me at least 12 minutes plus whatever time i took for tracking.)

my triton charger says the battery took another 960mah, which means i was able to fly the heli until it was within 30mah of the battery being at its fully discharged state ( when i first got it i discharged it with triton so i could get a mah count to full charge and it took 995mah)

so now i think out of all the batteries i tried, 1500mah 1200mah and 1000mah, that what they say is true the 1200mah is the most ideal power to weight ratio for the honey bee 2.

i need a heat sink for the himax though, im getting 160F to 170F degrees on a 8T pinion, i read somewhere 100c max for himax which would be 212F