RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky honey bee CP
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 10:05 PM
kermitdafrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

rbiasi,

The Hummin' Bird Elite CP arrived at the office today around 3:00 p.m. The quality seems a lot better than my 'Bee. I especially like the boom mount, main blade (allen) screws on the top that are easy to get to, and the aluminum chassis.

I got home about four pm and got the electronics installed by around six pm. This is my second heli. and first eccpm setup. I went with defaults on the Futaba and got it mechanically trimmed enough for a test by around 7:30 and have been fiddling with it since.

I've managed to learn short hovers for the first time ever, and my first impression is "I really like this thing". It's smooth, vibration-free, and eases into a hover without "snatching" it off the ground, but will really leap if you push the collective forward.

I really like it and think it's gonna flatten my learning curve a lot, as I'm already having better luck in 30 minutes than I was with the FP.

I also cut out some blanks tonight, and am going to make a set of main blades this weekend. So far the weight is around 13-14 grams each, but I haven't put the lightening holes in them, or shaped them yet. I was thinking Spanish Cedar was going to be heavier, but I milled them to 135 thousandths thick, same as the stock blades, and that's what I came up with. We'll see what happens.

Rick