RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes PT-17 Stearman ARF what engine to use need all the help i can get.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:31 AM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes PT-17 Stearman ARF what engine to use need all the help i can get.

Hellcat:

I leave the "N" struts attached to the top wing... be very careful when you transport it this way.......their are only 8 screws that you need to get it all together at the field..Also made the transport handle that fits to the cabane on the fuse...Very handy..no problems so far...Am using a Magnum 120 4 stroke in mine and it's scale speed and it does the job..A 150 4 stroke would also be OK,if you want a little more zip to your flights...The plane rolls very good and I dive it a little to get those "Big " Loops...The plane is a joy to fly and land.............One more thing..Attach the eleavtors with a piece of 1/8" wire, and that way,you only need one wire pushrod to operate the eleavtor..I didn't do this and ended up using a HS-945mg servo for the eleavtor..Too much of a bind somewhere..was always buzzing (servo)...I also used Robarts large horny point hinges...Good luck