RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Micro Review Of Multiplex Micro Jet
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 09:09 AM
twang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Micro Review Of Multiplex Micro Jet

Gidday All,

For the information of anyone interested I have finally come up with a setup that makes my MJ a joy to fly and at a bargain price. The range of Align products has just become available here in OZ, the price is good so I was keen to try them out. The MJ now has a LF 400 (type 2) 2200KV brushless motor, a 35Amp esc and an 1800mAH 12C Lipo or another brand 2000mAH 10C pack. Balance is easily acheived by moving the battery (use velcro to keep it where you need it). By the way the biggest problem with the MJ is balance, it is critical. The little plane is not tolerant of an out of place CG. I have found that balancing at the front edge of the two little CG bumps is best. Too far forward and it becomes hard to land as you will not be able to hold the nose up and rearward is just too exciting, as I found out this morning. Using an APC 5x5 prop, I was showing about 17000rpm at 15 Amps on the ground. I use a bungee launcher. Controls are set as described in the instructions with 20% expo. Glitching was fixed by trailing the aerial out the back, however this makes it corkscrew in loops, I may need another bit of wire for the other wing.

The little plane had a good turn of speed and was very stable, just plane fun.

I had in the past tried 8 cell KAN and Graupner 480, this worked alright, however the brushless is much better.

I hope this helps someone enjoy their MJ more.