RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 05:51 PM
phat742

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

i got mine yesterday and flew it for the first time this morning in almost 25 mph winds and it handled it better then i thought it would. i did fly it with the 3s2100lipo and was amazed at the power as on launch, it more or less took off out of my hand. it looked great in the air and the gearbox gave it a really cool sound as well. the light wing loading really makes it get pretty much battered in the air but all in all it handled the extreme weather fine but only with the high rates enabled as the low rates didn't seem to make it move at all in the high winds. i was also glad to see that it does have an x-port on it and that it came with an extension so i put an old sonic module for dogfights by following the instructions in the newest horizon-hobby catalog. only problem is that nobody else has a plane equiped to do this. the only negative thing i have to say about it is the battery cover. because it belly lands, it got ripped off every landing. it looks as though the battery compartment may have been installed at the factory backwards as the clip to push over to get the cover off was towards the front of the plane and the grass simply ripped it off. i guess i have to get creative and come up with a new battery cover.