RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho MP777 Submarine!
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Crazy Canuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho MP777 Submarine!

Hey all,

Well today was a real kick the *****! Was out at the local bash spot runnin my almost new MP777 SP1 when all of a sudden it just takes off WOT (yes I have a failsafe but for some reason it did not work????) and goes flying towards this lake. It hits the bank and goes flying a good 30 feet out and down about 15 feet into the water where it promptly sinks!!!! I'm running like a bat out of hell just to keep up, when I get to the edge and look down, I see the Kyosho in about 4 feet of water sitting on the bottom. I was sad....Luckily I got to it in time, dragged the little water logged drowning victim out and proceeded to drain her of water. Again luckily no water got into the receiver or battery housing...most water drained out of the pipe but the tank was full of H20, let it all dry out for a few hours and she started right back up again good as new. Upon further inspection, it appears that one of the double A batteries came loose and when I pinned it, the battery popped out and the throttle stuck wide open. The failsafe should have kicked in but didn't so I watched helplessly as $2000 went screaming towards it's demise. All is well now and I'm happy to say no ill effects came from it's swimming lesson...a lesson for me though...make sure everything works properly before running my machine!

Cheers