RCU Forums - View Single Post - Transavia PL-12 (Airtruk) build
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transavia PL-12 (Airtruk) build

I am posting this build for those whom are/may be interested in "unusual" aircraft and/or crop dusters.

The Airtruk was/is an Australian designed and built bi-plane crop duster that also saw duty as a passenger plane. With the spray bar and hoppers removed it could carry up to 4 passengers and the pilot.

The plans for this plane were drawn by Frank J. Marcie Jr. [email protected] from a 3 view, and except for the airfoil, the plane is scale and a 40 size plane.

I have the wing set up in it's jigs (to provide stability and proper dihedrahl ) and have it "framed" up. Note the pushrod tubes CAed to the "booms".

The next photos are of the sheeting of the top wing and the booms. I wet some 1/16" balsa and wrapped them around a broom stick to dry. Once they had dried, I cut and fit the top half of the sheeting to the booms. Note the 3M tape to hold the sheeting in place while the TiteBond dries.
The last photo is of the front part of the boom where it fairs into the sheeting. Once everything is dried I will be removing the wing from the jigs so I can trim the sheeting and put some lightweight filler around the nose pieces of the booms to fair them in.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30534.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	283440   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93195.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	283441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72468.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	78.2 KB