RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 06-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Mike Parsons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: NE0

Understood. I wasn't trying to cause a debate, just trying to clarify. The question was about the specs of Mike's "specific" setup, which KatMan did a very good job of. I just didn't understand why a "general" spec for a gas plane was stated in the same line?

Electric- 14 lbs 12 oz/ Gas- 15lbs. 8 oz
One could easily interpret that as a comparison stating that an electric Yak is 12oz lighter than a gas Yak, which isn't a fair statement. Just trying to clarify that you have to compare apples to apples. Otherwise there is no value in even adding that spec for a gas plane. Nobody was asking what the average gas spec was... just what Mike's specific e-setup was. Just didn't understand where it was coming from?
Tom
Tom,
The post that Kat made was copied from my RCgroups thread that was specific to this conversion. That is why the spec's were in there...as the question was asked many times from RCG members. I would be happy to amend it to your weight . It is just a generalization as to the difference in the two power systems and what the average weight of each was. Hope that clears it up .

-Mike