RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 06-15-2005, 01:56 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: turbo4

I decided to start the plane up in the yard this evening. It went pretty good till I decided to tach it.......I watched my carbon spinner scream across the yard. Lost 5 of 6 bolts and the spinner broke at some of the mounting holes.(no loctite on the spinner to backplate bolts....oops). Im using a ZingerPro 22 x 8. First read was 7500, second read was 7440.(that is not a typo) Are most of you able to keep 100% endpoints both directions on the throttle? I have my linkage set to close the carb completly and open the carb completely. Without stalling the servos the best I could get was 95% on both. But if I adjust to get a good idle it cuts it to 70% on one end. Im using a aluminum servo arm that is the exact same size as the arm on the carb, and a hole in that arm that aligns perfect. Thoughts please........Joel
IMO, the 2-2.5 ounce weight savings of the CF spinner is a performance enhancer, provided you don't need the weight up front.
As for your RPM's, its your prop. You have less blade area than, say, a menz, so you have less drag. Dynamically, the Zinger will probably produce about the same thrust as the Menz, but statically, and response-wise, it won't compare to the menz, Bolly, MSC. I highly recommend you get one of those for aerobatic flight.